I’ve been tagged by Chile Chews for the “Seven Facts” meme. The rules come from The Bedroom Reader and are as follows: “Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.”
Well, I’m going to break the rules a bit. I’ll give seven random facts, but I’m not going to tag anyone. You know what they say, well behaved women rarely make history.
So here goes:
- I have been vegetarian since I was 16 (and for those of you interested in a little math, that was 19 years ago) and vegan since I was 20.
- I studied marine science in school (college and graduate) because I wanted to live near the ocean for my entire life (that plan has not worked out as intended). Originally, I thought I would study dolphin and whale communication but I got more caught up in ecology and ecosystem function. I’m not doing either of those things now, and I live four hours away from the nearest coast. My heart will always belong to the sea and its creatures.
- I worked for a year for a Republican member of Congress (!)
- I have kept a list of all the books I’ve read since 2005 and wish I’d started earlier.
- This is one of three blogs I maintain – the other two are personal and anonymous.